The most popular NFL helmets are the Riddell SpeedFlex, the Schutt Air XP Pro VTD II, and the Xenith X2. They are popular because they provide superior protection, incorporate the latest technology and look great on the playing field.
The Riddell SpeedFlex helmet is known for its flexibility and durability. It features a unique design that allows for a more natural head movement, reducing the risk of injury. You can adjust the unique inflatable liner system for a more customized fit.
The Schutt Air XP Pro VTD II helmet design provides maximum protection for the player. It features a TPU cushioning system and an inflatable liner that can be adjusted for a bespoke fit similar to the SpeedFlex. Additionally, the helmet’s shell is made from a lightweight material, making it more comfortable for players.
The Xenith X2 helmet is known for its advanced technology and innovative design. It features a shock bonnet system that helps to reduce the impact of hits and a XRD foam liner that conforms to the head for a custom fit. Additionally, it’s one of the lightest helmets on the market, providing a good balance of protection and comfort.
Ultimately, your choice of helmet will depend on personal preference and what features are most important to you. It’s worth noting that all NFL helmets meet the safety standards set by the National Operating Committee on Standards for Athletic Equipment (NOCSAE). Here is a list of all helmets that reach the high standard of NOCSAE.
So if they are a premium bit of kit, are Riddell Speedflex helmets expensive?
Riddell SpeedFlex helmets are considered a high-end option in the market and are generally more expensive than other types of helmets. The exact price can vary depending on the specific model, but they tend to be around $400 to $500.
It’s worth noting that cost is not the only factor to consider when choosing a helmet. Safety and comfort should be the top priorities when selecting one.
The Riddell SpeedFlex helmet is known for its advanced safety features, such as the inflatable liner system and unique design that allows for natural head movement and durability.
Additionally, it’s essential to remember that a helmet is a one-time investment that will help protect one of the most critical parts of your body, your head. A high-quality helmet will last several years, making the investment more worthwhile.
On the other hand, the Xenith X2 helmet is known for its advanced technology and innovative design and would be a fantastic choice too. The main features of the helmet include the following:
- Shock Bonnet System: This system helps to reduce the impact of hits by allowing the helmet’s outer shell to move independently from the inner liner.
- XRD Foam Liner: This foam conforms to the head for a custom fit, providing added comfort and protection.
- Lightweight: The Xenith X2 helmet is one of the lightest helmets on the market, which helps to reduce the risk of neck injury and makes it more comfortable for players to wear.
- Air-Flow System: The helmet has a venting system that circulates air through the helmet, which helps to keep the player cool and dry.
- Durable and Strong: The helmet construction utilizes solid and durable materials that provide maximum protection to the player.
- Adjustable and Customizable: The helmet can be adjusted to fit the player’s head, and the chin strap can be adjusted for a secure fit.
- Meets safety standards: The helmet meets safety standards set by the National Operating Committee on Standards for Athletic Equipment (NOCSAE) and other safety organizations, making it a safe choice for players.
- Style and Colors: The helmet is available in various colors and styles, allowing the player to personalize their helmet to match their team’s colors or personal preference.
So why is it essential to wear a good-quality helmet when playing in the NFL?
Wearing a good quality helmet when playing in the NFL is extremely important for several reasons:
- Protection from head injuries: The primary purpose of a helmet is to protect the player’s head from harm. A good quality helmet is designed to absorb and distribute the impact of hits, reducing the risk of head injuries such as concussions.
- Compliance with safety standards: All NFL helmets must meet safety standards set by the National Operating Committee on Standards for Athletic Equipment (NOCSAE) and other safety organizations. These standards ensure that helmets provide a certain level of protection for the player.
- Comfort: A good quality helmet should be comfortable to wear. It should fit well and be lightweight. A comfortable helmet helps to reduce the risk of neck injury and makes it more likely that the player will wear it correctly.
- Durability: A good-quality helmet should be durable enough to withstand the rigors of the game. It should withstand multiple hits and impacts without losing its protective properties.
- Proper fit: A good quality helmet should fit right. It should not be too loose or too tight and should be adjustable and customizable to the player’s head.
The risk of head injuries is very high in the NFL, where the players are bigger, faster, and stronger than ever before. A good quality helmet is an essential piece of equipment that can help to protect players from severe head trauma and ultimately save their lives.